Bösebrucke (named after the 1944 executed NS-resistance fighter William Böse ) is a steel-arc bridge and the first nickel steel bridge of Berlin. Today, it connects two states – Prenzlauerberg and Wedding. Bösebrucke was developed from 1912 to 1916 and the construction costs 1 million Mark. The bridge is 27 meters wide and altogether 138 meters long, and span 87 meters.


During the division of Berlin the 138 m long bad bridge belonged to the predominant part of East Berlin, however 30 m lay in the west of the city. The eastern side laid the border crossing on Bornholmer road, the northernmost between the two parts of Berlin. In the night 9 November to 10 November 1989, this border was first crossed by the border troops of the GDR, gave way by the pressure of masses of East-Berliner.


Under the bridge sits the Rapid-Transit Railway station Bornholmer Straße. It is the station for North-South Rapid-Transit Railway since 1 October 1935.


Across the bridge the first streetcar distance leads again into the western part of Berlin since 14 October 1995, after this distance in the western part had been shut down on 2 October 1967, against what in the East part the streetcar was constant in enterprise. The streetcar tracks are realized as “Gleisverschlingung”, whereby the courses can drive in each direction without switches in their respective track.


Bicycles are parked along the walk path…